TABLE OF CONTENTS
Let’s face it, bread is a staple in many of our diets. As such, starting a diet journey which requires particular food kinds can be daunting, especially, if you cannot indulge in some of your favourite foods. This is where this Keto bread comes in. This bread is very easy to make and is low in carbs while still providing nutrients such as protein and the necessary fats recommended for the ketogenic (keto)diet. Try it nuh!
- ¼ cup almond flour (Blanched).
- 1 egg.
- A pinch of salt (optional).
- ½ tsp baking powder.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to the baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients well (ensuring that the baking powder is thoroughly blended).
- Add egg and continue to combine all the ingredients.
- Grease the baking dish (I used a small glass dish that was microwaveable).
- Place ingredients in the greased container.
- Add to Microwave (uncovered) and cook for a minute. You can add another 30 seconds before completely removing it from the Microwave.
- Let it cool.
- Slice and enjoy as is or with toppings such as berries, butter or even a drizzle of maple syrup.
- You can also toast the slices.
- This makes 2 slices (but share 😊!).
This can have an ‘eggy’ smell when it is still warm, so be mindful of that. You can toast the slices as seen in the display picture, which really gives it a little crunch. I had mine with some avocado, sprinkled with a wee bit of maple syrup as I did not have any butter or berries handy.
You can also enjoy these other great recipes:
Eggs are a very versatile food kind and a big part of the ketogenic diet. Added to that, they are tasty and very nutritious.
Eggs are also said to have many nutritional benefits, one being that it is a rich source of protein. Protein is very essential to our health. Other nutrients of eggs include choline, vitamin A, vitamin B5, folate, vitamin B12, selenium and phosphorus etc. It is also said to have a good amount of vitamin D, pyridoxine (B6), vitamin K, E as well as calcium.
You can enjoy your eggs boiled, poached, fried as well as add to many dishes, especially baking. And there goes it versatility!
To good health!
How was it?
Share your experience/version by commenting below or via our social media pages: Facebook/Pinterest/ YouTube.