TABLE OF CONTENTS
Pumpkin is an excellent source of nutrients, especially vitamin A which is great for eye health. Plus, it is an easy food to prepare and can be added to many types of dishes. Here is one of them! Cream of Pumpkin Soup is a great way to not only enjoy a nice warm dish but also to ensure that you are getting your daily nutrients, including vitamin A. Try it nuh!
- 1 Ibs. pumpkin peeled and cubed.
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely.
- ½ of a small onion.
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil/1 Tbsp butter (optional)
- Black pepper (to taste).
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- A pinch of salt (to taste).
- 1 cup of milk/ heavy cream (I used unsweetened almond milk).
- 2- 3 cups water (for cooking the pumpkin).
- In a hot cooking pan, add the cooking oil/Butter.
- Add chopped onions and let sauté for a minute or two.
- Add cubed pumpkins and combined them with onions.
- Add water and let the pumpkin cook.
- Add the contents of the cooked pumpkin to a Blender.
- Add chopped garlic and blend until smooth.
- Add back the blended mixture to the pot over medium heat.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Add garlic powder to taste (optional).
- Stir mixture. You can add a bit more milk if it is too thick.
- Let cook for a minute or two (2).
- Remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cream of pumpkin soup can be enjoyed with garlic bread, toasted bread or on its own. This is a very delicious way to enjoy your pumpkin, plus it is very nutritious. Also, you can add other seasonings as desired.
You can also enjoy this other great okra recipe and post:
~ Black Pepper~
Black pepper (piper nigrum) is the dried unripe fruit (peppercorns) of the flowering vine which belongs to the Piperaceae family. It is generally used as a spice or seasoning.
Some benefits of consuming black pepper include its purported anti-inflammatory properties and possible benefits for high blood sugar and cholesterol.
Black pepper is also denoted to be able to have benefits for the brain and possibly cancer-fighting properties.
To good health!
How was it?
Share your experience/version by commenting below or via our social media pages: Facebook/Pinterest/ YouTube.