Gluten intolerant are we? Well, here is another pancake recipe without gluten or cow’s milk that is healthy, filling and delicious. Why not give it a try!
- 1 ½ cups Gluten Free Oat Four.
- 1 egg.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (you can also use coconut milk/other).
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- ½ tsp baking powder.
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder.
- Fruits of your choice (Strawberries, mangoes, peach, pineapples etc.).
- Add Frying Pan to stove on minimal/high heat.
- Add oil to Fry pan (just enough to cover frying surface).
- Combine wet ingredients:
- Add oat flour to bowl.
- Add baking powder.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Add vanilla and milk to egg mixture.
- Add your wet ingredients to flour mixture.
- Stir/Blend until completely smooth.
- Add your mixture in small amounts to Frying Pan (you can use a large spoon or your estimation).
- Cook pancakes (ensure that you start to see bubbles before you flip them over).
- Serve and enjoy with your favourite toppings and fruits.
NB: If the mixture is too thick, you can add more milk so as to acquire your desired consistency
~ Oat Flour~
Oat flour is flour that is made from ground oats. It is a very nutritious whole grain flour that is packed with fiber and protein. It is also high in carbohydrates, iron, selenium, magnesium and potassium.
Due to its high complex carbohydrates, it is said to be able to help with sustained energy levels. Other purported health benefits include helping with cardiovascular health, cholesterol and managing diabetes.
NB: For those who are gluten intolerant or have Celiac disease, please ensure that your product is labeled ‘gluten free.’ While oats is generally gluten free, sometimes these products might be packaged in facilities that house gluten products.
Why not give this pancake a try!
How was it?
Share your experience/version by commenting below or via our social media pages – Facebook/Pinterest or Youtube